About Professional Certificate in Psychosynthesis
At ICPPD, we endeavour to provide services of the highest quality in an atmosphere that is intellectually exciting, supportive of personal needs, and spiritually inspiring. This dynamic and stimulating programme provides theory, skills and techniques that have a direct application to both personal and professional development, and is a unique opportunity to further your personal journey.
Psychosynthesis Psychotherapy developed early last century by Dr Roberto Assagioli, aims to help us discover our true spiritual nature and then to effectively use this discovery in everyday life. It helps us to realise our creative potential, increase our ability to function harmoniously in the modern world, and improve the quality of all our relationships.
Psychosynthesis brings together the two traditions of psychology and mysticism.
Psychology is then infused with a sense of soul and meaning, whilst the mystery traditions benefit from the grounding and reflective qualities of psychology. A deeper sense of meaning and value is revealed, which creates a psychic environment or ‘field’ in which we are enabled to make decisions about who we are and how to live our potential, always guided by the heart qualities of courage and compassion.
Psychosynthesis, being heart-centred, integrative and holistic, is an important psychology for the 21st Century. Each of us has our own unique way of perceiving and interacting with the world influenced by our past, childhood experiences.
Psychosynthesis asserts that we also have potential, a ‘future’ within us, a connection to which brings purpose and meaning to both individual and collective acts.
This 5 day training in Psychosynthesis is for any mental health professional/educator/counsellor/ psychotherapist/coach interested in psychosynthesis and facilitating this approach or using it within a therapeutic or educational setting.
Aims and Objectives
The aim of this 30 hour programme is to:
- enable participants to acquire knowledge and understanding of the theoretical models, principles and practice of Psychosynthesis.
- relate these to either clinical counselling/psychotherapy settings or other applied settings.
- embark on and participate in a process of self-exploration and personal/professional development in ways that complement Psychosynthesis.
To secure a place on this programme please submit an application form accompanied by a non-refundable deposit of €50. Following review of your application we will call you to arrange an interview, which may be conducted by telephone or Skype.
On successful completion of this programme you will be able to:
- describe the Psychosynthesis map of the psyche
- recognise sub-personalities operating in your life and in work situations
- use some Psychosynthesis techniques to help self and others.
The programmes covers:
- What is Psychosynthesis? The basic principles of synthesis and evolution
- The nature and development of the human psyche, personality organisation and sub-personalities
- Consciousness and will and the importance of developing intuition
- Psycho-spiritual development, the connection between the personal and transpersonal selves
- Self-actualisation and self-realisation
- Psychosynthesis techniques, including use of symbols, imagery and visualisation
Teaching & Learning Strategies
This course is a blend of experiential and theoretical work and comprises an intense experience. All theory is grounded and amplified through personal exercises, work with fellow learners, inner process and group-sharing. It is considered essential that practitioners “walk the talk” and the goal is of optimal well-being and self-realisation.
Note: Individual work/attendance with a counsellor/ psychotherapist is not required on the course, but is highly recommended as a way of further integrating learning.
- A creative portfolio and a 500 word reflection on personal awareness and learning during the module.
- An essay (2,000 words) demonstrating knowledge and understanding of the theoretical underpinnings of Psychosynthesis and its uses in the learner’s relevant profession.
Support work includes reading in Psychosynthesis and related fields, as well as exercises and writing, to ground the training.
Graduates of the programme may apply Psychosynthesis principles to all aspects of counselling, including private practice, pastoral counselling, social work and psychiatric emergency services. It can also be implemented in educational, medical, and religious fields; business; the arts; conflict mediation; bodywork; dance and life!
Christine Moran, Psychosynthesis Guide, Lecturer, Psychotherapist and Supervisor.
“Not only was the course an excellent introduction to the theory and practice of Psychosynthesis, it was a personal growth experience. The exercises, although subtle, were profoundly stirring on an emotional level and opened doors into dormant areas of thought and feeling” Martina Murphy
“When I saw the ad on Facebook I felt it in my gut that I needed to do it, I didn’t know anything about Psychosynthesis. All I can say is, it was a deep, embodied experience that created a space for profound learning and invited the shadow in, in a way that wasn’t frightening to the psyche. I shifted in ways I didn’t think were possible. On leaving I have less fear of being split now that I have such a creative way to integrate. Beautiful experience. Christine is an amazing facilitator, felt safe and held by the group too. Playful and imaginative course with such a valuable opportunity to learn and grow.” Georgia Howard
SOME FEEDBACK FROM OUR RECENT PSYCHOSYNTHESIS COURSE:
“This was a beautiful experience and one I can take with me for life.”
“Genuine spirit of sharing our humanity, held in safe and expert hands.”
“Thoroughly enjoyed the course. Great facilitator.”
“Christine facilitated this course so beautifully – it was creative, spiritual and safe.”
“Best facilitator ever! Fantastic bunch of participants – probing, interesting, exciting, challenging, comforting”
“Much more than I anticipated – enjoyed the experience thoroughly. Christine brought “magic” to the module by bringing her authentic beautiful self.”